Query/Editing Results Not there in IE / Firefox Ok

08-18-2011 06:50 AM
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
I have been working on an editing widget for the Flex Viewer2.3.  I�??m using the sample called �??Edit without Editor�?� from the API samples as the template.  The new widget seems to work great I can add polygons to a feature, and they appear (graphically) just fine in both IE andFirefox.  I have another part of the applicationthat when you click on a accordion window it then goes out  and does a query of the feature and populatesa datagrid with a list of records.  This works fine with Firefox, however when the datagrid is populated in IE (Version 9.0) the new record doesn't show up.  I can then fire up the map in Firefox and the new records show up in the datagrid, so I know they are being created ok.

Does anyone know if this is some sort of a bug?  I found this on the forum with the Javascript API:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/9086-Feature-Layer-Refresh-not-working-in-IE?highlight=refresh+feat...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
FrankRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
Kind of talking to myself here, but in case this will help someone else out.  There is an issue with IE and client side caching, it can be overcome!

In my case I was doing a query to fill a datagrid.  So in this case I needed add setting to the querytask:
"queryTask.disableClientCaching = true;"

The same setting is available to the featurelayer, if that is something you need to be refreshed in IE:
"editFeatureLayer.disableClientCaching = true;"

Hope this helps someone!
0 Kudos