Refresh layer after edits

03-22-2011 08:54 AM
SandraPanicucci
New Contributor
Working with moving points utilizing the editWithoutEditor.MXML. I can move points and when I refresh the browser the updated data is reflected. I'd like to be able to call just that layer and refresh it. Any hints if this is possible and if possible a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnGarvey
New Contributor
I have not worked with the editor, but you can refresh dynamic map service layers by calling the layer's refresh method.

--or--

You could remove the layer from the map and call again from the server.
0 Kudos
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
Working with moving points utilizing the editWithoutEditor.MXML. I can move points and when I refresh the browser the updated data is reflected. I'd like to be able to call just that layer and refresh it. Any hints if this is possible and if possible a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

What's happening to the points before you refresh the browser? Are they not moved?

I'm not sure if this would help in your situation, but you can call refresh() on the FeatureLayer or set this to true:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/flex/apiref/com/esri/ags/layers/FeatureLayer.html#disableClientCach...
0 Kudos