Skins missing when using API through custom library

Jump to solution
03-06-2012 07:10 AM
MattCharton
New Contributor III
Flex 4.6
ESRI Flex API 2.5

We are in the process of creating a library of components that we commonly use in multiple apps.  This library contains a reference to the ESRI Flex API and so does the (AIR) application we are using the library in.

The problem is that the skinnable map components (navigator, scalebar, infowindow, etc.) all cause the dreaded "Error: Skin for myApp.WindowedApplicationSkin2.Group3.contentGroup.appContainer.mapManager.map.StaticLayer13.InfoWindow273 cannot be found."

The custom library and the ESRI Flex API are both set to be "Merged into code".  And both the custom library and the main application have the compiler argument "-keep-all-type-selectors=true".

As a work-around, we've been able to manually set the map.scaleBarSyleName and map.navigationStyleName to css styles that just refer back to what ought to be their default skins, but we've been unable to find a work-around for the infoWindow.

Anybody have any ideas on what's causing the problem or at least how to manually set the infoWindow style?

Thanks in advance!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
It's best not to try and merge the Esri Flex API swc into your own custom library. It loses all the styles that comes from defaults.css.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DasaPaddock
Esri Regular Contributor
It's best not to try and merge the Esri Flex API swc into your own custom library. It loses all the styles that comes from defaults.css.
0 Kudos
MattCharton
New Contributor III
Wow... It's always something simple. 

It seemed like everything I read regarding skinning issues such as these said to make sure that the library was merged, so I didn't even consider doing the opposite.  Setting the ESRI API's link type to external seems to have done the trick.

Thanks, Dasa.  I appreciate you guys taking to time to answer questions like these--especially so very quickly!
0 Kudos