StreetView popup doesn't display view

07-19-2010 10:32 AM
MicheleDunham
New Contributor
Hello,

I've been using Robert's StreetView widget in my SFV 1.2 code without a problem, but when I built a new SFV on the 1.3 code, the Streetview widget no longer displays the view.  I compared the traffic with the two viewers (earlier 1.2 viewer with later 1.3 viewer) in Fiddler2 and the 1.3 SFV appears to hang just prior to a response from the maps.gstatic.com server where it starts the download for the googlepano.128.swf.

Attached are screenshots of where the 1.3 viewer hangs, what a successful traffic response looks like with the older viewer, and a screenshot of the Streetview popup with a blank window.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,
Michele
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Michele,

Are you using different FLEX SDK version in your 1.2 vs 1.3 project?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: micheledunham

Robert,

The SDK version is the same 3.2.  The problem arose when I recompiled the code.  The code with a later date no longer worked.  Has Google Maps changed something?  It makes no sense to me.

I've asked our security guys to check the Firewall traffic; but I don't know why they would have it working for one app and not the other?

Thanks,
Michele
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Michele,

I think some where along the line I changed the code I was using, not sure if you are using my latest or not. Anyway give this a try.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

Could you please post the zip file again?  When I try to unzip the first one I get a message that it's corrupted.

Thanks again for your help,
Michele
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Michele,

That is a problem this forum is having with IE try using FireFox
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Robert,

Thanks for the update.  I applied the new code and recompiled.  It appears the traffic is stopped in the same place.  Attached is a screenshot with Fiddler traffic.  It must be getting stopped at our Firewall.  I'm still waiting to hear back from our Security guys.  I'll let you know when I hear back.

Thanks again. 
Michele

P.S.  I'm not sure how to mark an answer on this new forum?
0 Kudos
CoryHines
New Contributor
Hi Guys,

This is a great tool, and much easier to implement than the previous version.  I just have one request if anyone gets time.  I have this running on my site and it works just fine in Firefox, but for some reason it won't work in IE.  I wouldn't care except that 85% of our users still access our site with IE.

I've had a couple of other people check this and they get the same results, no window will popup even if you disable or add an exception in IE.

Thanks for any insight.

Cory

http://gis.linncounty.org/maps
0 Kudos