Transfer Info between  MXML files

Jump to solution
05-06-2012 11:43 PM
GISTeam
New Contributor
Hello,

I am trying to modify a widget for use in a flex app. I have a mxml that makes a query over a feature layer. All the feature layers are in a XML and can be changed depending on what query you want. I want to pass the result fields from the query to another mxml that is the infoWindowRenderer and is supposed to show an info window with the the data of the query. Tried the get/set methods but that didn't work.
Any idea about the communication between the mxml's?

This is the link to  the source project:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5683647/InfoWindow.zip
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IvanBespalov
Occasional Contributor III
gis-varna,

Sorry, I do not have time to explore "your" code.
source of answers to your questions with free video trainings. (Take a look to "Day 3: Data handling and manipulation")

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IvanBespalov
gis-varna,

sample  -  sources

via bindable attributes or dispatch/listen events
0 Kudos
GISTeam
New Contributor
gis-varna,

sample  -  sources

via bindable attributes or dispatch/listen events

Thank you for the examples

I tried to do the task with the custom event method, but in order to use the custom event I have to import one of the mxml-s as a custom component. I couldn't do that so I tried to move the combobox to the main mxml and try to call the custom event from there but got an error that I didn't work out:

1061: Call to a possibly undefined method transferCurrentLayer through a reference with static type Class.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

This is the zip with the mentioned project:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5683647/InfoWindow_single_XML.zip
0 Kudos
IvanBespalov
gis-varna,

Sorry, I do not have time to explore "your" code.
source of answers to your questions with free video trainings. (Take a look to "Day 3: Data handling and manipulation")
0 Kudos
GISTeam
New Contributor
Thanks for the help ibespalov. I haven't stumbled on these video lessons before.
0 Kudos