Unable to connect to SQL server within Flex

06-17-2010 09:16 AM
GIS_TechEngineering
New Contributor III
I am trying to build a ArcGIS Flex viewer project with the help of Flex builder 3, SQL Server express and ASP.NET. The SQL Server is on my local machine. Installation created the inetpub/wwwroot directory for me. I created a sample database called "contacts" to test my application. When I tried to Create Application from Database in Flex Builder I get the following error codes:
Error creating SQL Model Connection to contacts. (Error:Communications link failure due to underlying exception:
**BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION**
java.net.SocketException MESSAGE: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused;
connect at com.mysql.jdbc. StandardSocketFactory.connect(StandardSocketFactory.java:156)
at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO,<init>(MysqlIO.java:284)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:2555)

The error messages go on and on in this manner. One thing I noticed was the call to mySQL, a database that I used during a tutorial on Flex that I took from Lynda.com. The mySQL database is no longer on my machine. I have tried getting help on this problem from both MicroSoft and Adobe, but both sites "help" is a nightmare to navigate and find what I need to solve this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks   bmccurdy@cityofpa.us
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
seanlo
by
New Contributor
Did you enable HTTP endpoints in your SQL server?
0 Kudos