Layers loaded as SEDF from a feature class in a local GDB do not appear in the map widget (ArcGIS Pro 3.2)

01-04-2024 04:29 PM
Labels (3)
MarcusPaoloPatam
New Contributor II

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced issues with displaying layers converted from local geodatabases to SEDFs in map widgets?

in 3.2, I can't seem to see the SEDF when loaded into the map widget, but when saved into the portal, the feature layers added from SEDFs are present. I am running the sample notebook from the Visualing Data using ArcGIS API for Python.

MarcusPaoloPatam_0-1704414115361.png

when i save the map object from the notebook to AGOL, the layers show correctly, including the points loaded into the SEDF from a local GDB

MarcusPaoloPatam_1-1704414115359.png

Portal search items also load properly in the map widget.

If it helps, I am using a social login, so the GIS connection i use is 

gis = GIS("pro")

I have tried cloning my environment and updating the arcgis and the arcpy package to the latest available version via conda in the Python Command Prompt.

MarcusPaoloPatam_2-1704414324956.png

Please let me know if you have the same issues, thanks!
Cheers,
Marcus

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffBigos
Esri Contributor

Hi Marcus,

I am testing the Web-Course now and see a similar behavior occurring. I tested the code against another dataset and it works against a different FeatureClass. I would recommend trying that as a solution. The course you are taking is meant to build familiarity with the different visual capabilities with the SEDF.

Given the difference I am pretty sure it is associated with the Montana data in the course, but more investigation is needed.

Thanks, 

Jeff Bigos 

0 Kudos