2.2 API Graphic object intellisense almost blows up Visula Studio

06-27-2011 10:52 PM
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor
Hi,

There seems to be an issue (or at least I am having one) that when you create a new Graphic object and try to use the Object Initialization approach.  When you start type in the brackets it tries to display an intellisense, which just about freezes VS and when it does display is a window about half the size of the screen.  Pretty much makes using object initialization useless because you have to wait while it hangs a minute for every property you want to set.

-Joe
Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you share us some code? Are you having an issue with XAML or code-behind part? I would like to reproduce this if I can. Thanks!
0 Kudos
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor
Hi,

Basically you just need to initialize a Graphic object and then change to using object initialization.  This occurs in code not Xaml.

So start by writing the code for a new Graphic

Graphic g = new Graphic();  (for me the new Graphic completes automatically after the = is typed).  Replace the (); with {} and start to type the word Geometry (or Symbol...).

At this point Visual Studio hanges for a minute and then pops up a huge intellisense window.  I should give the caveat that I do have ReSharper running, so perhaps this has something to do with it, but it seems like a standard Visual Studio intellisense.

Thanks, I appreciate your taking the time to look into this
-Joe
Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
I tried both SL and WPF on VS 2010 SP1 with v2.2 assemblies and I could not repro the hang for intellisense when Graphic is initialized with properties in curly brace ('{}'). Maybe something went wrong during the install? Try to open a brand new project with only this line of code. If the issue persists, please contact support so they can verify it.

Thanks.
0 Kudos