3.0 API Template problems in Visual Studio 2010

07-11-2012 05:05 PM
HubertLo
New Contributor
For either solution templates, I always get a bunch of exceptions when the xaml designer tries to show for the first time. Here are the first 2.

Error 1 Unable to load the metadata for assembly 'ESRIStandardMapApplication1'. This assembly may have been downloaded from the web.  See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=179545.  The following error was encountered during load: Could not load file or assembly 'ESRIStandardMapApplication1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. D:\DEV\ESRI_API30\ESRIStandardMapApplication1\ESRIStandardMapApplication1\MainPage.xaml 1 1 ESRIStandardMapApplication1

Error 2 The type 'userControls:CollapsiblePanel' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built. D:\DEV\ESRI_API30\ESRIStandardMapApplication1\ESRIStandardMapApplication1\MainPage.xaml 30 14 ESRIStandardMapApplication1

If I recompile the Silverlight project, these exceptions will go away. I have no issue running the the project either.

For the Showcase Map Application templated project, I can the following designer problem on the MainPage.xml. If it does not show up right the way, it will for sure show up when I scroll down in the xaml view. The project will run normally.
System.MissingMethodException
Method not found: 'System.String System.Environment.UnsafeGetFolderPath(SpecialFolder)'.
   at System.Windows.Application.CleanInBrowserAppDataCache()
   at System.Windows.Application.Application_Exited(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(UInt32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 flags)

Microsoft.Windows.Design.Platform.InvalidDesignerUpdateException
An unhandled exception was encountered while trying to render the current silverlight project on the design surface. To diagnose this failure, please try to run the project in a regular browser using the silverlight developer runtime.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor
It is not an issue, as you notice everything is fine once you compile, it is just Visual Studio not finding things because the libraries have not been built yet.  I think part of the reason for this is that they don't use the default namespaces for the added Actions and Controls which Visual Studio does not like prior to the first compilation.  This type of behavior happens in XAML at other times where it just does not pick up namespaces before the project is recompiled
Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
jakelu
by
New Contributor
I also find a bug for 3.0API Template,my project run base on windows phone SDK7.1,It can run ,but put it in Expression Blend,Threre is always a promblems:"System.TypeLoadException�?��?��?�?序�??'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e'中�?�载类�??'System.Net.HttpUtility'�??"Scene now,I cannot find the solution�?and waiting for�?��?�
0 Kudos