ArcGIS Silverlight VS Templates Installed, but do not show in Visual Studio

08-30-2010 05:59 AM
BrentStevener
New Contributor II
I cannot get the ArcGIS Silverlight templates to show in Visual Studio. I have installed all of the prerequisites, and the options for the templates for both Expression Blend and Visual Studio show as options, and are enabled, when I run the ArcGIS Silverlight/WPF SDK install. Yet, when the install is finished, I still get no templates in Visual Studio 2010.

As seen at the installation help link, I already had Visual Studio 2010 and Expression Blend 4 installed. I also installed the Silverlight Tools 4 for Visual Studio before running the SDK install.

Anyone know how I can get these darn things to show up as templates in Visual Studio?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
BrentStevener
New Contributor II
Well, it seems they were installed, there just aren't any of the ESRI templates for VB.net. There are two ESRI templates for Silverlight in the C# section (when you have .NET Framework 4 selected at the top of the New Project window). Could have been clearer in the documentation that this is the case, as well as in the Getting Started video which gets you to think that they are in both...

P.S. Link styles that do no have the underline in them are annoying. Add on the fact that the green color is barely indistinguishable from the rest of the text, and VOILA. You have hard-to-find links embedded in the text! I have added a red underline so that one might be able to see them better, as well as to reinforce the fact that the underline isn't there to begin with!
0 Kudos
Kam_HaryatieAbdul_Mutalib
New Contributor II
I'm also facing the same problem. When I want to create new project, no ESRI under Silverlight option on Visual C#.

FYI, all the prerequisites has been installed perfectly even the tab for ESRI Silverlight API control is already exist in the toolbox. But I can't start the new project using C# Silverlight ESRI template because it is not there. 

How to show it?
0 Kudos
hassanboussouf
New Contributor
Hi,

I have same problem, how can i solve it ??

thx ^_*
0 Kudos
ChrisOkeke
New Contributor
Was this issue resolved and how? I'm also facing the same problem.
0 Kudos
johnzhang2
New Contributor
This question has been here for sometime. I wonder if it is solved or answered. I have the same problem and do not know how to start. Any pointers?

Thanks,

John z
0 Kudos
JeffAzevedo
New Contributor
I'm having the same issue. Did any of you find a solution?
0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor
Maybe that you didn't install Expression Blend SDK.
You need the Expression Blend 4 SDK (or the full Expression Blend install) prior to installing the Silverlight API Setup in order to get the templates.
0 Kudos
JeffAzevedo
New Contributor
In my case, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Silverlight4_Tools.exe, ArcGISWPF23 and the ArcGISSilverlight23.exe and everything is working well. Also, I may have missed Silverlight 4 instead of 5 on my first go around.

-Silverlight noob
0 Kudos
Matrix_Solutions_Inc_Geomatics
New Contributor III
In my case, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Silverlight4_Tools.exe, ArcGISWPF23 and the ArcGISSilverlight23.exe and everything is working well. Also, I may have missed Silverlight 4 instead of 5 on my first go around.

-Silverlight noob

Did this make Visual Basic template appear?
0 Kudos