Bug??  Feature Layer Lines not displaying correctly

Jump to solution
02-18-2012 01:47 PM
GISProgrammer
New Contributor III
It seems like when displaying Feature Line Layers the Geometry doesn't not display correctly.  When Lines feature layer draw or when I'm Editing Geometry of feature layer lines, the Lines don't drawn properly.  The aren't displaying with the correct Arc Segments/Tangent Curves.  The lines/geometry displays correctly as a Map Layer but not a featuer layer, which makes no sense if you want to edit because it makes one assume the geometry is always bad.  The geometry is not displaying correctly in the feature.  Is this a bug.

I've attached a ton of screens shots.

Attached are some screen shots of the same line layer and the same line segement. 

1st Screen shot from Server that is showing the feature layer and the same map layer - Feature Layer is not displaying correctly but Map Layer is display correctly.
2nd Screen shot from Server is just showing the feature layer
3rd Screen shot from Server that is showing the feature layer vertices
4th Screen shot from ArcMap of the same Line layer / Segment with vertices to show tangent curve. 
5th Screen shot from ArcMap of the same Line layer / Segment. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jenniferdnery

For ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer, we get an image back from export map request. For FeatureLayer, we get information about the layer and its features, we use our own symbol template to show them on the map.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: SharpGIS

Curves are not supported by REST and therefore not by the APIs either.
0 Kudos
GISProgrammer
New Contributor III
Morten,

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry for my ignorance but I'm still confused.  Curves are not support for Feature Server Layers but are for Map Server Layers?  Can you explain or give some more details?

These lines (Map Server) display correctly:
http://myServer/ArcGIS/rest/services/myLines/MapServer/1

These lines (Feature Server) do not display correctly
http://myServer/ArcGIS/rest/services/myLines/FeatureServer/1

Thanks.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jenniferdnery

For ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer, we get an image back from export map request. For FeatureLayer, we get information about the layer and its features, we use our own symbol template to show them on the map.
0 Kudos