Editor Widget

01-09-2012 11:38 PM
vipulsoni
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

Requesting here for help/suggestions for the editor widget configuration issue. If I use the default editor widget sample as given in the resources silverlight api, for my mxd dataset.

The symbols are not properly loaded in the application (editor widget symbol selector).   Instead I get the default symbol for "<ALL OTHER VALUES>" symbology, set in the mxd. I have created a symbology in the mxd categorized as per the unique values of a particular field.
Also if I remove the  "<ALL OTHER VALUES>" symbology from the mxd then I do not get any symbol loaded in the editor widget template in application.

The editor widget code in the xaml and c# is the same as the esri sample, we have tested this by using the same services from the esri sample, the editor behavior is correct but when we replace the service with our service we find the map loaded correctly but the symbol behavior incorrect as described earlier..
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JMcNeil
Occasional Contributor III
How do your symbols look when you view them at your Rest End-Point: 

http://serviername/ArcGIS/rest/services/servicename/MapServer/legend

Not entirely sure about this but it seems like the EditorWidget is just using the symbols in the Legend Rest.

jay
0 Kudos