GPMultiValue:GPString data type in Silverlight API?

07-21-2010 08:05 AM
AnandUpadhya
New Contributor
Am I correct to say that I can't use GPMultivalue data type in the API for Silverlight? It seems like it's not valid and missing a reference.

I don't see it anywhere in the API reference since I want to use the Extract Data and Email Task which takes in multiple layers as inputs for clipping to a polygon. So far I modified the model so it is fixed which layers are clipped so it is working fine.

Anand
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChanakarnIamsakol
New Contributor
It happened to me also!!:eek:
0 Kudos
AnandUpadhya
New Contributor
Got the reply from ESRI Staff that it will be an enhancement in the next release so just have to wait for it.

NIM059547:  Include a class for GPMultiValue in the Silverlight API
0 Kudos
TonyMonsour
New Contributor
This seems like quite the 'oops'.  Any word on when this fix will happen?  I still need my users to be able to choose their layers, has anyone found a work around?
0 Kudos
AliMirzabeigi
New Contributor
GPMultiValue is now supported in 2.1 version of the API: http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/2.1/apiref/api_start.htm
0 Kudos
TonyMonsour
New Contributor
That is good news.  I am having trouble hard coding some values in there for testing though.  Can I get an example of this in action?
0 Kudos
AliMirzabeigi
New Contributor
The concept is actually the same. Please refer to the SDK sample at http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/samples/start.htm#ClipFeatures and in JobCompleted event handler of the Geoprocessor task check for "GPMultiValue"parameter type (instead of "GPFeatureRecordSetLayer") to get their values while iterating through the results.
0 Kudos
nikikernohan
New Contributor
Hi!

I'm new to the Silverlight API and executing GP Tasks using ArcGIS Server. I have created a custom GP Task that allows the user to select from a list of layers. The GP Task that is published is expecting a multivalue layer list. When executing this task from my silverlight app, I'm guessing I need to pass a GPMultivalue in the parameter list. I'm having difficulties getting this to work. Is there an example of how I pass in a list of layers as parameters to the GPMultivalue object?

Thanks so much!

Niki
0 Kudos