How to export web map include graphic layer in ArcGIS 10.1?

04-19-2012 08:02 PM
JUNGKEUNLIM
New Contributor
Hello,

Our system environment is as follow;

Server : ArcGIS server 10.1 pre-release
Client : ArcGIS API for Silverlight 3.0 pre-release

I want to export web map include graphic layer, but export web map function does not operate when graphic layer is included.
Tiled map is saved well except graphic layer.

I looked in Fiddler what Web_Map_JSON parameter as follow;

1. Success
http://192.168.104.65:6080/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%20Map%...

2. Fail
http://192.168.104.65:6080/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%20Map%...
22 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
There are currently some limitations to what is supported by the export web map service, as well as limitations to what you can put in a printable graphics layer (ie limited set of renderers, symbol sets, no mix of geometry types etc). Some of these are known limitations/bugs in the current preview, others are hard requirements.
0 Kudos
SchoppMatthieu
New Contributor III
Hello,

I have a similar problem.
(config: AGS 10.1 - ArcGIS for Flex API 3.0)

I extended the Printing Service based on this tutorial :
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//0057000000mq000000

Works great ! However when I want to print a GraphicsLayer from the client, the service returns this kind of error:

RuntimeError: Layer "myGraphicLayer": Invalid a value in color: 25500. Layer "myGraphicLayer": Invalid a value in color: 25500. Layer "myGraphicLayer": Field 'OutlineTransparency' not part of schema for this feature collection

Then the service fails 😞

SharpGIS, do you think this is related to the limitations you were talking about ? Is there a document somewhere referencing all these limitations ?
In python, what would be the best way to prevent the service to fail when this error happens ?

Thank you community for your help,
Regards,
Matt
0 Kudos
Cotter
by
New Contributor II
Hello,
Has anyone been able to successfully print user generated graphics after creating there own print task script? Everything else works great but I have been unsuccessful with printing graphics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
PeterYurkosky1
Occasional Contributor
If you pass along the JSON generated by your request, I can have a look and figure out what's wrong.
0 Kudos
Cotter
by
New Contributor II
If you pass along the JSON generated by your request, I can have a look and figure out what's wrong.

The JSON generated is attached to this reply. I think the issue is in the python script, I'm not sure what is needed for python to check for graphics. Also, how can we use Bing maps with the Advanced Print? I tried loading it into arcmap but found that the layout won't load with Bing maps.
0 Kudos
PeterYurkosky1
Occasional Contributor
I think I need more specifics on exactly what doesn't work. I can see that the graphics layers are read correctly (they show some features in southern Texas), but many of them appear to have alpha values of 0 in the color definitions. For example, the outlines in your middle graphics layer. Those are treated as null colors in the output.  Is that the problem -- that the graphics layers don't appear in your output?
0 Kudos
Cotter
by
New Contributor II
I think I need more specifics on exactly what doesn't work. I can see that the graphics layers are read correctly (they show some features in southern Texas), but many of them appear to have alpha values of 0 in the color definitions. For example, the outlines in your middle graphics layer. Those are treated as null colors in the output.  Is that the problem -- that the graphics layers don't appear in your output?

I'm not worried about the ones have alpha of 0. I believe my issue is on the python side, what should the code checking for graphics look like in python?
0 Kudos
PeterYurkosky1
Occasional Contributor
I need to see the Python code.
0 Kudos
Cotter
by
New Contributor II
I need to see the Python code.

I'm using the python code from the Advanced Print Tutorial.
0 Kudos