Internet Explorer compatibility with Silverlight

09-14-2011 09:14 AM
DorothyMortenson
Occasional Contributor II
EEE GADS. 

I've just finished my web mapping application and was excited to show the staff.  But the staff all have different internet explorer versions, ranging from 7 to 9. 

I got very weird behaviors with my tool buttons. If they adjusted for compatibility in their browser (for version 8 and 9, didn't see it for version 7); then the buttons worked properly.

So, this website will be for the public to use. I cannot control their version of browser.  It's one thing to have certain functions simply not work, but to have it act weird, is not acceptable.

In particular, when the user clicks on an ID tool, works fine. Then goes to the measure tool and gets nothing. Goes back to the ID tool and gets the measure tool.

I wonder two things: 1) how can I control the compatibility of the browser, and 2) is there any kind of code scrubber I can use to make sure my code is up to par. Maybe I've got a glitch in there that works fine in IE 9, but not IE 7 or 8.  Similar to the code scrubbers for html to make sure it's all current code and closed tags.

Any ideas?  It's really embarassing!

Dorothy

PS. Here's the site, if anyone want to review it:
http://apps.wrd.state.or.us/apps/gis/glass/
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
BrandonCopeland
New Contributor
You can control compatibility mode from IIS or via html headers