Is v2.1 still available?

07-18-2011 08:45 AM
KevinSchumm
New Contributor
I apologize if this is the wrong section of the forums.  I am looking for a way to download the 2.1 version of the API for Silverlight. There doesn't seem to be able way to get past versions, at least that I can tell.

We have a developer who needs to install this. We could upgrade the new version, but we were hoping he could just get in and out of the code with minimal impact.

Is there a way to get past versions and I'm just missing it, or do we need to upgrade?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
wangzhifang
Occasional Contributor
You should always upgrade to new version api on the time of its release. Because new version api does not only provide new functionalities, but also fix all the bugs have been reported.
Although from version 1.2 to version 2.0, there do is a difference( server side requires 10.0 instead of previous), if you could use version 2.0 api, then you should upgrade to 2.2 final.
0 Kudos
KevinSchumm
New Contributor
I understand that the newest version fixes bugs and normally I would agree with you to upgrade. However, our client isn't going to allow us to change something so fundamental to the application without regression testing and we don't have time for regression testing.

That's why we wanted to make a minimal impact and would prefer to be able to still get the installer for the current version that we're already working with.

Sometime we will upgrade but now is (hopefully) not that time.
0 Kudos
wangzhifang
Occasional Contributor
I understand that the newest version fixes bugs and normally I would agree with you to upgrade. However, our client isn't going to allow us to change something so fundamental to the application without regression testing and we don't have time for regression testing.

That's why we wanted to make a minimal impact and would prefer to be able to still get the installer for the current version that we're already working with.

Sometime we will upgrade but now is (hopefully) not that time.

You could download the version 2.1 api here:
http://support.esrichina-bj.cn/2010/0917/630.html
0 Kudos