maximum and minimum resolution for map in ArcGIS 10

01-18-2011 10:19 AM
ThaoNguyen
New Contributor II
Hi,
I include Navigation to my map.  In order to see the zoom bar with a height of about 1", I have to include MaximumResolution and MinimumResolution to my Map tag.
In ArcGIS 9, I set max as 2 and Min as 0.000001.  Everything is displayed as expected.
After I compile my code with ArcGIs10, with the same resolution values, my map is zoomed in too closed that I don't see the entire map at all.  I tried not to set the values, I could see the entire map, BUT then the zoombar became too short!
What values should I set so that it works on both ArcGIS 9 and 10?

Please help!
Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
These two numbers dictate how much you can zoom in/out. I cannot tell you a set of reasonable values for these properties as it would depend on the layers contained in your map. If your map contains tiled layer, you may not need to update the map's Minimum and MaximumResolution http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/apiref/ESRI.ArcGIS.Client~ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Map~Maximu....
0 Kudos
ThaoNguyen
New Contributor II
These two numbers dictate how much you can zoom in/out. I cannot tell you a set of reasonable values for these properties as it would depend on the layers contained in your map. If your map contains tiled layer, you may not need to update the map's Minimum and MaximumResolution http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/apiref/ESRI.ArcGIS.Client~ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Map~Maximu....

The problem I'm having is why the same setting values behave differently in Arcgis 9 and 10.  In my code, I don't know how I can detect it is Arcgis 9 or 10 😞 so that I can set them differently.   If you know, please let me know.  It has driven me crazy for a simple feature.
I'm not using a tile layer.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
ThaoNguyen
New Contributor II
The problem I'm having is why the same setting values behave differently in Arcgis 9 and 10.  In my code, I don't know how I can detect it is Arcgis 9 or 10 😞 so that I can set them differently.   If you know, please let me know.  It has driven me crazy for a simple feature.
I'm not using a tile layer.

Thanks!

Note that with new esri api, one sets the values from <Map> not from layer.
0 Kudos