Silverlight app won't connect to service

09-19-2012 05:23 AM
DmitryBubnenkov
New Contributor
I spend few days in attempting to get silverlight app work with ArcGis Server 10 sp5.
The problem in that after compiling new silverlight project I got only blank screen if I use ArcGis Service. If I set up link to ESRI public service I see the map.

I tried to run demo JS app with same connection string to service, and it's work well.
I tied to do full reinstall of service, but there are now result. I can access to my service via rest protocol, and I see that it's work fine.

The problem is only that Sillverlight app do not show any layers. When I used 9.3.1 server all worked fine. And I did not changed nothing in Visual Studio settings. Only path to new service.

I tried to build app on server with silverlight viewer, and it's work fine, but it's failed when I try to compile it's as SL project.

Silverlight viewer is work fine for me! The problem is only with App done in VS2010.

Who can help me? I tried to googled, but I have found only few mention about this problem.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChristopherHill
Occasional Contributor
Sounds like a you are missing a clientaccesspolicy.xml file or crossdomain.xml file on your server that your service is running on. try running fiddler while you are running your Silverlight application. Fiddler will monitor your internet traffic and you will be able to see what happens when you send a request to your service. If the clientaccesspolicy.xml is not there you can either create one on your server or us a proxy page in your Silverlight application to avoid the clientaccesspolicy.xml restriction.
0 Kudos