Silverlight Viewer 3.2

05-02-2014 10:59 AM
RyanEckdale-Dudley
New Contributor III
We have embraced the Silverlight Viewer over the past several years, and have created 24 custom tools that users can add to thier 'out of the box" Silverlight Viewer. Provided ESRI is clearly communicating move towards javascript/html5, how many other's are faced with this business decision, of abandoning Silverlight? I would like to think our tools built for the Silverlight Viewer have a decent lifespan, provided the benefits of an easily configurable and robust set of tools  available for non-programers to generate advanced web apps
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AsserSwelam1
Occasional Contributor
Hi Ryaned,

As this is marked as discussion and it is about Silverlight Viewer, I believe it should be posted on the Silverlight Viewer section here http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/211-ArcGIS-Viewer-for-Silverlight

Thanks,
Asser
0 Kudos
TomMagdaleno
Occasional Contributor III

I'm going to keep using Silverlight for now.  We only use it internally so multiple browser support is not critical.  That said Mozilla, and Chrome work with it.  Mozilla is very slow.  Safari on PC doesn't work, but I understand they make Silverlilght for Safari for Mac.  So if we do end up doing online mapping I will keep this architecture.  I am looking forward to the new Web Mapping app for Portal, but if it costs an arm and a leg we will skip it. 

0 Kudos