Sliverlight Application Not Pulling in my Own Services

04-23-2010 11:29 AM
ZachEdwards
New Contributor III
I have done some digging on this topic and haven't found a solution. I am exploring the idea of migrating some of our WMAs from the ESRI Web ADF to Silverlight. I can get the application to eat up ESRI's services and other online services but not my own. I have no security set on these services and I can view them in the ArcGIS Services directory (REST) with the ArcGIS Javascript option. I found some documentation on here about tokens but I don't think that is my problem. I have also tried a custom extent in case it was just opening up at an incorrect extent. I have tried both Dynamic and Tilled services that I have up and running. Am I missing something? Any Ideas would be great!

Oh yea, I found the error when opening it up in IE. Firefox did not give me an error. "Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application  A security exception occurred while trying to connect to the REST endpoint. Make sure you have a cross domain policy file available at the root for your server that allows for requests from this application...." I guess i need a policy file.   ???
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZachEdwards
New Contributor III
It was the crossdomain.xml that fixed it.
0 Kudos