vb.net sample project needed for developing web application

Jump to solution
04-11-2012 04:38 AM
JulieBiju
Occasional Contributor
Dears,
I am new to ESRI.I installed ArcGIS Desktop 10 evaluation Version.I started to work on VS 2010.
can anybdy help me to get vb.net sample project for developing web application for displaying map using ESRI?That sample should work with VS2010.Almost all the codes i saw  in c#.Please help me to develop application using vb.Net.Help me with sample application.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
I would encourage you to also look at the SDK concepts page and samples. The Samples include VB version: http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/samples/start.htm. Some samples also have pure XAML-code so you may notice that VB section is often few lines of code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KevinBupp
New Contributor III
Julie:

First of all, Welcome to ESRI 🙂

With the ArcGIS Desktop 10 Evaluation Version, there should be an option during installation (might have to do a custom install/repair) to install the Developer Kit.  When this is installed you get access to a large array of Sample Programs with a version in C# and a version in VB.NET for every Sample.

The Samples directory gets installed to the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\DeveloperKit10.0\Samples\

Hope that helps,
-Kevin
0 Kudos
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
I would encourage you to also look at the SDK concepts page and samples. The Samples include VB version: http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/samples/start.htm. Some samples also have pure XAML-code so you may notice that VB section is often few lines of code.
0 Kudos
JulieBiju
Occasional Contributor
Julie:

First of all, Welcome to ESRI 🙂

With the ArcGIS Desktop 10 Evaluation Version, there should be an option during installation (might have to do a custom install/repair) to install the Developer Kit.  When this is installed you get access to a large array of Sample Programs with a version in C# and a version in VB.NET for every Sample.

The Samples directory gets installed to the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\DeveloperKit10.0\Samples\

Hope that helps,
-Kevin

Thank u very much for ur reply.I go through the samples and found that all are desktop based application.I saw only one project for web alpplication that is C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\DeveloperKit10.0\Samples\ArcObjectsNet\ServerSpatialQueryCOMUtility\VBNet\VegWebAppVBNet.   I cannot run that application because of SDK problem. I installed ArcGIS Desktop 10  in my system.I can see ArcGis windows forms in toolbox part.Where is the Web ADF ?I installed arcgisdesktop10 Evaluatioon Edition.I need to develop web application only.Whether this destop version is not support or not developing web application?

regards
0 Kudos