AAB generation with Cloudmake

10-23-2023 06:24 AM
Labels (2)
PietroMaps
New Contributor II

How to generate AAB files using Appstudio Cloud Make? When I request Android builds I only get APK files, but since I am in the process of publishing an application in the Google Play Store and it only accepts bundles.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PietroMaps
New Contributor II

Thanks it worked!

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

At first you need to sign in your Android application:

Sign your Android app

To prepare an Android release build, you must first generate a signing keystore file. For detailed information on how to create this file, see the Android documentation.

Before running the Make tool, either cloud or local, ensure that you have provided the following in the Android tab of Settings, found under the Platforms heading:

• Package name—Always use a reverse internet domain name, for example, com.companyname.applicationname. The package name is a unique identifier for the app and is the default name for the application process. Once you publish your app, you cannot change the package name. For additional details, see the package name explanation in the manifest element of the Android SDK.
  • Keystore file path—The location of the keystore file on your desktop machine.
  • Key alias—Key name created at the time of keystore creation.

More info here:

Sign your app—ArcGIS AppStudio | Documentation

0 Kudos
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

@MichaelBranscomb You have changed AAB generation with Cloudmake  content. Instead of moving all thread you have moved only my answer from the thread.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Well spotted, thanks - I'll fix up.

0 Kudos