Unable to use arcgis aviation airport extension in arcgis desktop

Jump to solution
07-21-2023 05:25 AM
Labels (1)
LéonADANGO
New Contributor II

Hello,

Hope this message gets to you well.

In fact, I encountered an error while using Arcgis Desktop. I purchased a permanent licence of Arcgis desktop and a permanent licence of avaition airport extension. But when I try to enable aviation airport extension in Arcmap it doesn't show in drop down list though its permanently activated.

Any help from users that have a certain experience in using this software will be appreciated.

I joined a screenshot explaining the issue. image004.jpg

Regards,

Léon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Leon,   Please contact Esri Customer Support regarding licensing. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Leon,

It looks like you do not have Mapping and Charting Solutions Aviation installed.  It is a separate install from ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap).   You can log in to your My Esri Account and find the install file under your 'Downloads' area.  https://www.esri.com/en-us/my-esri-login

You should also install the latest cumulative patch, which you can find here:

https://support.esri.com/en-us/search?cardtype=patches+and+updates&s=Relevance&product=arcmap

0 Kudos
LéonADANGO
New Contributor II

Hello Mr David,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate. But when I log into my ERSI account, I don't have access to "Downloads" tab. 

Can you please help me find a link to allow me the download of "Mapping and Charting Solutions Aviation"?

Regards,

Léon

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Leon,

It may be that someone else in your company is the one designated with permissions to download the software.  If this is not the case or if it is unknown then you should contact Esri Customer Service at https://www.esri.com/en-us/contact#c=us&t=3    or contact your Esri Distributor, if outside the USA.

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Hi Leon,   

It is recommended to use Pro 3.1 instead of ArcMap.   The Aviation Airports extension is more advanced than the ArcMap version and it has all the advantages of using ArcGIS Pro.  ArcGIS Pro Aviation Airports is not a separate install since it gets installed and updated within Pro.   Beyond that, ArcMap will be retired in a few years and users are migrating to Pro and new users are discouraged from starting with ArcMap instead of Pro. 

LéonADANGO
New Contributor II

Hi Mr David,

I really appreciate your assistance and your explanations. But how do I migrate now from ArcGIS Desktop to ArcGIS Pro 3.1 without losing desktop and airport extension licences that are permanently activated?

Been aware that I manage to download ArcGIS Pro 3.1.

Thank sin advance for your for your help

0 Kudos
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

Leon,   Please contact Esri Customer Support regarding licensing. 

0 Kudos
LéonADANGO
New Contributor II

Hi Mr David,

Thank you. I'll contact Esri Customer support about migration of ArcGIS Desktop to Pro 3.1

Have a nice day

0 Kudos