Jump to solution
11-26-2023 04:31 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hello

I have created a BIS, added two datasets to the BIS

Ran the BIS tool to Mosaic Dataset

I have now added an additional set of data to my BIS

Is there a way I can add the new dataset to the current existing Mosaic Dataset from the tool I ran earlier or do I need to create a brand-new Mosaic Dataset?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MeredithPayne1
Esri Contributor

ArcGIS Bathymetry for ArcGIS Pro 3.1 does not manage user mosaic datasets, therefore you would need to run the BIS To Mosaic Dataset tool each time additional data is added to the BIS. (Please note, this is different from ArcGIS Pro 3.2 behavior.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

From the following, it looks like there are separate tools for adding data and exporting to a mosaic dataset (unless the helpfile is totally wrong)

Get started with ArcGIS Bathymetry—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

The other tools for working with mosaic datasets are found in the Data Management toolset

Synchronize Mosaic Dataset (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

or Image Analyst toolset

Mosaic dataset footprints—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and others.

You could give one of them a try, but I suspect that there is some behind the scenes metadata and/or other differences added into a BIS

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
MeredithPayne1
Esri Contributor

ArcGIS Bathymetry for ArcGIS Pro 3.1 does not manage user mosaic datasets, therefore you would need to run the BIS To Mosaic Dataset tool each time additional data is added to the BIS. (Please note, this is different from ArcGIS Pro 3.2 behavior.)

0 Kudos