Business Analyst 2019 Demographics

Jump to solution
07-01-2019 06:46 AM
KellyKoenig
Occasional Contributor

The 2019 demographics are available in BAO, which is great!

Does anyone know if there is a target date for when the 2019 data will be available to download & use in Business Analyst desktop?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

The 2019 U.S. data update for Business Analyst Desktop (including BA Pro) and Business Analyst Enterprise is now available! Customers eligible for the update (i.e. current on maintenance) will be receiving an email notification to download the data update.

Thank you,

Praveen Srivastava

ArcGIS Business Analyst Team

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JohnPreysner
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
KatieMigaFFX
New Contributor III

For the last 2 years, the desktop data was released the end of September. I will be using a large chunk of our 10,000 credits so that I can get the 2019 data now rather than wait 3 more months.

PraveenSrivastava

Hello Kelly,

The 2019 U.S. data update for BA Pro and BA Desktop is planned to release around the middle of the third quarter of this year. While we are working towards getting this released prior to the timeline that has been last couple years, please note that all planned release timelines are general estimates and are subject to change without notice. 

In the meantime, you can leverage the online data using 10,000 credits included with each BA Pro/Desktop license.

Thank you,

Praveen Srivastava

JamesOsundwa
New Contributor III

Hi Praveen Srivastava,

It's really unfair that we BA desktop / BA web app users have to wait several months after the data is released in order to access it in a format/structure that we can consume; pointing us to BAO is not a fair solution. This is something Esri really needs to address because competitor data products are available at higher frequencies and many of our stakeholders argue that many of the variables are dead-on-arrival as they are already almost 2 years old by the time we can integrate them into our workflows. This lag is severely undermining our work and our advocacy for your technology and data. Hope you can consider improving this in future releases.

Regards,

James.

PraveenSrivastava

Hi James Osundwa,

Thank you. Your feedback about future release improvements is duly noted.

Praveen

KatieMigaFFX
New Contributor III

Hi Praveen,

Do you have a better idea on when the desktop data will be released?

Thanks,

Katie

0 Kudos
PraveenSrivastava

Hello Everyone,

The 2019 U.S. data update for Business Analyst Desktop (including BA Pro) and Business Analyst Enterprise is now available! Customers eligible for the update (i.e. current on maintenance) will be receiving an email notification to download the data update.

Thank you,

Praveen Srivastava

KellyKoenig
Occasional Contributor

Praveen,

Thank you for the update! I really appreciate it.

-Kelly

SusanZwillinger
Occasional Contributor

Hi Praveen,

Can you confirm that the 2019 data is available for desktop now?  Our company is current on maintenance and I have not received any email notification and I don't see the data available for download on my.esricom.

Thanks,

-Susan-