City Code

01-25-2023 11:32 AM
lancelacourkatyedcorg
New Contributor

Where would you place the City Code so that I can pull the demographics of only the City.  They are not looking at surrounding area.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Hello @lancelacourkatyedcorg Thank you for reaching out with your question. To help us provide guidance, can you please tell us which Business Analyst application you are working with (i.e Pro, Web App, Experience Builder, etc.)?

0 Kudos
JayLarsen
Occasional Contributor II

Hello.  I have the same question.  I have AGOL and BAO (web) and need to know the ESRI pop for city of Phoenix.  How do I get it? Is there an enrichment of some boundary by city from census and ESRI? Or is there a canned report in BAO?

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

@JayLarsen 

You have so many options to get demographic information for your sites. Simply start by defining the sites you need using this workflow: 

FasilTiru_0-1707352291344.png

After you define the Phoenix city boundary, you can use one of the available options here to get the demographic data in any format that works for you :

FasilTiru_1-1707352529067.png

Thanks,

Fasil T.

0 Kudos
JayLarsen
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the reply! That looks like a BAO workflow?

Which I figured might be a way to do it.  Since we do 90% of our work in AGOL, I wanted to keep it there.

It turns out the Living Atlas has a point layer and a boundary layer that work perfectly, containing the correct FIPS for the city of Phoenix in my case, so enrichment works properly.

My BAO skills are so rusty.  When we were new to ESRI we spent 90% of our time in BAO, not it's the reverse with AGOL since our skills have improved and allow for more detailed analysis and display.

Cheers!