Comparison Geographies for Charts with Data from Map Layers

Jump to solution
03-08-2024 03:58 PM
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

I have a horizontal bar chart that is using data from a map layer.

When I check show comparison with geographies I'm able to save my infographic but then when I run the infographic the chart disappears and when I reopen the infographic builder the chart has a red message that says "This chart contains missing variables" and all my chart variables are listed as missing.

Is there a way the map layer data needs to be structured to support compare with geographies or is that not supported functionality with map layer data?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@ArielLow2146 Hi Ariel, thanks for reaching out with your question. I have tested the workflow using a couple of different map layers and when configuring my chart, I do not see the option for Compare with geographies. We supress this option since it cannot be used with map layers. 

It's interesting that you are seeing the option with your map layer. Can you please share further details on the type of map layer you are working with? I have tried a map service and a feature service added from AGOL. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@ArielLow2146 Hi Ariel, thanks for reaching out with your question. I have tested the workflow using a couple of different map layers and when configuring my chart, I do not see the option for Compare with geographies. We supress this option since it cannot be used with map layers. 

It's interesting that you are seeing the option with your map layer. Can you please share further details on the type of map layer you are working with? I have tried a map service and a feature service added from AGOL. 

0 Kudos
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

@CherylHagevik thanks for confirming it's not possible! That gives me what I need to start trying to figure out work arounds.

I tried to reproduce the behavior with the same layer in a new chart and am also seeing the compare geographies option disappear. It's only with a chart I built a while ago that the option is still visible. Sorry I know that isn't very helpful for reproducing.

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

@ArielLow2146 No problem, thanks for letting me know! If you happen to see the issue again, feel free to provide additional details for us. 

0 Kudos