Data from ArcGIS Online Hosted Feature Service not available in Business Analyst Web App

07-27-2022 07:32 AM
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

In the Business Analyst web app, I added a feature service hosted on our ArcGIS online organization via Add Data / Web Maps and Layers.

The symbology for the feature service is imported into the BAO project, and the data connected to the features is visible when viewing the attribute table or pop up.  However, the feature service labels using this data do not appear, and when trying to use this data in reports or infographics it shows up as null, blank, or N/A.

Is there a known issue with displaying or using data from hosted features in the Business Analyst web app?  Am I doing something wrong?  Every time I try to access the documentation pages for the app it says page cannot be found.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Hi Rachael, the issue you are seeing with accessing documentation should be fixed now. Please let us know if you are still having issues. Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience. 

Regarding the labels for your features not showing after adding your map to BA Web App, this is known limitation currently. However, we are considering improving workflows for working with labels in a future release and will appreciate any feedback you would like to provide for your particular use case. 

For working with your web map layers in infographics and reportscan you please confirm if you are building templates using the Map Layers option? Here is a blog which has some great tips for this workflow - check out the second section that is specific to Map Layers. 

Best practices when sharing and running infographics with your own data