Error: an error occurred with project data

12-04-2023 01:44 PM
KrissyLukens
New Contributor III

Hello -

One of our students is receiving an error message with Business Analyst. Below is a description of the problem and the error message. 

I receive an error message when attempting to save a layer. The layer contains census tract/block groups and 1-10 locations. I ran a suitability analysis with variables from the GIS database, and attempted to save the layer. I received the error message "an error occurred with project data." Additionally, when I added points of interest to my base map and attempted to save the new points of interest as a layer, I received the same error message as before. The project previously allowed me to save several other suitability analyses as layers. 
Appreciate any suggestions on how to best help this student.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Hi @KrissyLukens Thank you for reaching out on this issue. We are investigating an issue that sounds similar to what your student described and the issue seems specific to certain projects. Other users are able to continue with their work by creating a new project.

Are there any details that your student can remember about which workflows they used in this project prior to setting up and running their Suitability analysis?

0 Kudos
CherylHagevik
Esri Contributor

Hi @KrissyLukens Thank you for your patience while we have investigated this issue. We have just pushed out a fix to production which should resolve this error and allow the saving of layers to any broken projects now. Please feel free to let us know if you still happen to be seeing this issue occur, but at this point we believe the behavior should be fixed. We appreciate you reaching out for assistance through Community and thank you for using Business Analyst!

0 Kudos