Hi I'm Tatia O'Connor

11-26-2019 06:26 AM
TatiaO_Connor
New Contributor

I'm the Research Director for WTAE-TV in Pittsburgh, PA and WMTW/WPXT-TV in Portland, ME.  To my knowledge, no one in Hearst Television uses any ESRI products.  I was exposed to GIS data when I worked for UPMC Health System, which used GIS mainly to map medically underserved areas (MUAs).  I've participated in a few workshops at Carnegie Mellon University, and just this year I convinced WTAE to purchase a subscription to ArcGIS Online and Business Analyst Web App.  I'm using Tapestry mostly to show advertisers where/who their customers are and why geo-targeting with digital advertising makes sense.

The television industry needs to use spatial data for sales and news audience research!

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tatia O'Connor, Welcome to GeoNet!

Thanks for sharing your role and experience with us. I'm a fan of both intersections you mentioned with GIS, from mapping for health and human service gaps to media and advertising, and I agree its great for audience research. Glad to have you here!

Congrats on establishing the business need with your network! I hope you can share a success story with the community for your use case in the future. In addition to following Business Analyst, we have the ArcGIS Online place you can follow for updates and activity as well. 

If you need any assistance for getting around GeoNet, be sure to visit our GeoNet Resource Hub

Cheers,

Leslie