how do you take customer data from paper and put it into business analyst so you can map it?

11-15-2017 03:58 PM
KEVINHAZLEY1
New Contributor II

I am using customers from a contracting company. I want to bring the customer/job data in so i can look at it on business analyst and map it and look for patterns. HOW do i create data from scratch, how do i create customer data??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Big question.  You need a database which needs some kind of locational attribute.  That attribute could be in the form of addresses which then need to be 'geocoded' to convert the address to a mapable form.  Creating fields and assigning attributes should be done with Arc* (Map or ArcGIS Pro), or you can bring in data from other databases and 'join' it to the locational data.  If you are desparate, you can bring in data from a spreadsheet using Arc* built in tools.  Given your question, I would advise against this since too many things can go wrong during the transition.

YOu have this posted in the Business Analyst Space, which suggests you had a game plan to deal with your own data once you review what the BA needs and how to use it from its tutorials.  I would begin the search for some of these answers there first.

0 Kudos