Theme URL Parameter Not Working

Jump to solution
11-17-2023 02:28 PM
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

I created a dashboard using Business Analyst.

In the dashboard I modified the url to add the url parameter to use the light theme, so the URL now looks like:

https://bao.arcgis.com/InfographicsPlayer/BAMobile/10.3/reportPlayer/InfographicFromResource.html#re...&theme=light

It is not changing the theme as far as I can tell. Is there something else I need to do to change the theme? As far as I can tell based on this blog post it should work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

@ArielLow2146 

This blog was intended for using URL parameters in exported HTMLs (locally downloaded and/or hosted on your own servers). Most of these parameters will not work for hosted infographics in dashboard or storymaps using the Business Analyst Web app workflow.

I also noticed that this blog is outdated and needs updating. So we will take it down and have an updated version soon. 

Thanks,

Fasil

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

@ArielLow2146 

This blog was intended for using URL parameters in exported HTMLs (locally downloaded and/or hosted on your own servers). Most of these parameters will not work for hosted infographics in dashboard or storymaps using the Business Analyst Web app workflow.

I also noticed that this blog is outdated and needs updating. So we will take it down and have an updated version soon. 

Thanks,

Fasil

0 Kudos
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

@FasilTiru thanks for that information and getting the blog updated!

It would be great if at some point in the future there were an option for the theme light parameter to work in ArcGIS Dashboards to better match the dashboards light theme.

LinweiZeng
Esri Contributor

@ArielLow2146 Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Your insights are invaluable in helping us enhance our product to better meet your needs.
We've documented your request, and it's now in consideration for future product releases. While we can't guarantee immediate implementation, your input plays a crucial role in shaping the evolution of our product.

Cheers,

Linwei