30 day Trial version, unable to add gdb!

01-20-2012 04:26 PM
GrantHerbert
Occasional Contributor II
I have the 30 day trial version of CityEngine installed (Esri CityEngine 2011.1 build 1021 (trial, win32-64bit)) but am having trouble even going through the tutorials. Running on a Win 7 64bit laptop environment (Lenovo W520, NVIDIA Q1000).
I have installed the recommended C++ 2010 SP1 redistributable (from http://blogs.esri.com/Dev/blogs/3dgis/archive/2011/12/19/Import-a-file-Geodatabase-in-CityEngine.asp...) and rebooted but still get an error when trying to add the Philadelphia results.gdb.
I think because there is no preset it won't go any further. have attached the image and logfile entry. i also tried converting the data to shapefile, and while it does accept the data it does so with a similar looking error (logfile attached).
Any ideas?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11350[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: matthiasbuehler

Hi Grant !

The 1220 Trial build has a bug that prevents the FGDB import. But a new Trial is on it's way and should be available in the next upcoming days.

Stay tuned, okay ?

M.
0 Kudos
GrantHerbert
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks, I assume I just download it when it appears and overwrite my existing trial installation?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes, you can do so !

let me know how it goes once you get the new installer !

cheers !
0 Kudos
francescasimoncelli
New Contributor
I have to import my Gdb, creating with ArcScene for a 3d project, into City Engine. How do I get?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi !

just copy-paste the file GDB into the data folder of your project, then drag and drop it into the viewport from there. this triggers the import dialog.

additionally :

this is one of the very first steps.

to familiarize yourself with the CityEngine basics, browse through the tutorial contents available here :
http://resources.arcgis.com/de/content/cityengine/about

in the "gallery" there, check the last tutorials by Gert van Maren (newest uploads) for they show this process.

hope this helps further !
0 Kudos
PatrickQuintard
New Contributor
I assume I just download it when it appears and overwrite my existing trial installation?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

that is correct. let me know how it goes !
0 Kudos