Datasmith scenario export not working propperly

12-13-2023 01:55 AM
Stefan_Harding
New Contributor II

As part of the project I'm working on i need to export city engine models in a verity of scenario to Unreal engine. But when I try and use the scenario export feature it either doesn't work, creates a corrupted or is greyed out. I have tried this with a fresh document and it had the same issues.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

Hi @Stefan_Harding,

Can you go a bit more into details?

• What exactly is not working?
  • Creates a corrupted what?
  • What is greyed out?

Best,
Jonas

0 Kudos
Stefan_Harding
New Contributor II
  • I'm exporting city engine model to unreal engine and i want to export scenarios, but the options for scenario in the export setup don't work
  • The resulting datasmith file
  • The scenario options
0 Kudos
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

What version of CE/Unreal are you working with?

In general: If you select a scenario to export the selection has no effect on it. All objects of a selected scenario are exported

The different scenarios should be available for selection/deselection as soon as the you check the general "Export Scenarios" option

JonasObertuefer_0-1702658226583.png

JonasObertuefer_1-1702658566291.png

If this is not a case this might be a bug.

To further investigate (if you still have the described issues) we would need you to share the CE project with us.

Best
Jonas

0 Kudos
Stefan_Harding
New Contributor II

I used 2023.0 for some earlier tests that gave corrupted datasmith exports, for the newer one I updated to 2023.1 and the scenario options that you show here grey out after one export and continue to be unselectable. Her is a download to one of the project's with greyed out scenario options: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xNTR8zi04j029-pr4wC2KGlwPE4VWyOk?usp=sharing

I have gotten a brand new project to work without issues, but i have no idea why.

0 Kudos
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

thanks for providing the project. It could reproduce it on my side, it seems there is an issue with the scene file itself. When I created a new scene file and imported everything from existing one, I can again use the scenario settings.

We will investigate this further but this might take some time, in the meantime I hope you can make use of the workaround described above.

0 Kudos