Modify the Custom Coordinate System

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
ChanningWang
New Contributor

Hello, 

I'm currently trying to generate a city model from an OSM map, and I want the 3D model to align with my other geographic data. To achieve this, I've been using a projection file(.prj) to add a custom coordinate system.

ChanningWang_0-1712739694268.png

However, I've noticed that if two projection files describe geographic locations that are very close together, CityEngine doesn't allow me to add a custom coordinate system. Therefore, I'd like to ask how I can delete a custom coordinate system that I've already added, or if there are other methods to address the issue I'm currently facing. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ChanningWang 

Thanks for your question. Usually, it is not necessary to remove user coordinate systems. If you still want to do it, modify the CityEngine_User_Projections.xml configuration file. It resides in the <user>/AppData/Local/Temp/ Folder.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @ChanningWang 

Thanks for your question. Usually, it is not necessary to remove user coordinate systems. If you still want to do it, modify the CityEngine_User_Projections.xml configuration file. It resides in the <user>/AppData/Local/Temp/ Folder.

0 Kudos