Where is located in the registry of portal URL in CityEngine 2023.0?

07-13-2023 05:24 PM
hitsujir_dev
New Contributor II

Does anyone know where is located in the registry of portal URL in CityEngine 2023.0?
I need information of the registry of portal URL in CityEngine 2023.0

I know where is located in the registry of portal URL in ArcGIS Pro.
In the search box on the taskbar > type "regedit" > select "Registry Editor (Desktop app)".
Access "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\ArcGIS Online For Pro\Portals"
There is "URLx".

I researched the similar registry of portal URL in CityEngine, the registry is no not found.

I read help pages below, but there is no information.

Installation and Setup > Installation on Windows > CityEngine Administrator
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/cityengine/latest/install/windows/the-arcgis-administrator.htm

Installation and Setup > Installation on Windows > Authorizing your software
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/cityengine/latest/install/windows/authorizing-your-software.htm#ESRI_SECTI...

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

hi @hitsujir_dev,

What's the reason you need to access the portal URLS from outside of CityEngine? Can you elaborate a bit more on the use case?

Best,
Jonas

0 Kudos
hitsujir_dev
New Contributor II

@JonasObertuefer , Thank you for your reply.

I suspect that our end user has no permissions to access this registry in his device.

My End user faces "Rutime Error! Program: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an usual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."  when he is adding his portal site.

We did these steps below.

1. Administrator of this device was unable to add Portal URL, too.
  2. Other Windows log-in users was unable to add Portal URL, too.
  3. IT department of his organization checked there is no problem of settings of proxy and Internet accessing.
  4. He tries to uninstall all of Visual C++ 20xx programs twice, but nothing is changed.

He has been able to add his portals in the earlier CityEngine version...

Thank you in any advice,
Rina

0 Kudos
JonasObertuefer
Esri Contributor

Hi @hitsujir_dev,

Thanks for your reply. This looks like a bug and to further assist/investigate I would like to move the conversation to email. I just sent you a DM.

Best,
Jonas

0 Kudos