Android ArcGIS Collector App Cannot Authenticate with Windows Active Directory

Jump to solution
05-07-2014 09:41 AM
DeanPokrajac
New Contributor
Android ArcGIS Collector App cannot authenticate with ArcGIS Server secured service Windows Active Directory users. The login form appears, but credentials do not work when entered and the login form reappears. iOS ArcGIS Collector App is able to authenticate with ArcGIS Server secured services and Windows Active Directory users just fine. Is this a known bug?
Tags (2)
13 Replies
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you Frank, that solved my issue. Also note that this same problem is present in the new Explorer app for Android and the same work around fixed that as well.

0 Kudos
FrankPotempa
Occasional Contributor

I wanted to add the final information/ clarification to this discussion I received from the ESRI tech;

"While I am not in development and I am just relaying this information, this is what I can tell you. The bug logged is with the Collector for ArcGIS API. Development has stated that they will be fixing the issue in the Collector API for the next time they integrate the API into the Collector application. The new, 10.3 version of the Collector app will not have the new API integrated so it will not be fixed in that release. This indicates that for the time being, to use the work around provided. "

0 Kudos
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having a similar issue with both Collector for ArcGIS and the new Explorer for ArcGIS on Android.

If I use the 'domain/user' format, the map loads and the secure services are simply unavailable (layer is grayed out).

If I use the 'user@domain' format, the map loads and the secure services look they're trying to work, but never finish loading. When looking at the contents screen, the secure services loading icon just keeps spinning and spinning forever.

All my secure services work fine in Portal, and used to work fine in Collector as well, not sure what changed.

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, I was having same issue but the workaround seemed to have fixed it for now. 

0 Kudos