Can't find my map

01-31-2014 12:05 PM
ShelleyWhitmeyer
New Contributor
I cannot find my ArcGIS Online map on Collector for ArcGIS.  I have shared it with 'everyone'.  Why can't I see the map under 'my maps'?  Here is the link to the map I am trying to view.  Thanks for any advise. 
-Shelley
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
29 Replies
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

Here is what I get when I try to look at your map: 

I've seen this when feature or map services are not allowed through the networks firewall.

0 Kudos
AnnKitowski
New Contributor III

Thank you Venus for posting this error message.  I will look into this.  I'll post back what I find out.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

Ann:

Server-side: At 10.2.2 one is able to enable "Sync" in the map service at >Feature Access >Operations Allowed.  Could that be your issue?  Are you using ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2 or 10.3?

Sync.JPG

I found this helpful, also:

http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/windows/prepare-data-for-offline-use.htm

0 Kudos
AnnKitowski
New Contributor III

Thanks Joe.  I'm using 10.2.1.  In this version I can see the "sync" checkbox, but when I check on it, it brings back a message saying I can't use it.  But I don't think I need to use the offline editing capability (not yet anyways).  But does having this function even matter when using the ArcGIS Server feature service in the Collector app?

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

No, I guess it doesn't matter.

Are your ArcGIS feature services loaded into your map via the Add button from the table of contents or added into the My Content space first then into your map?  Just a thought.

0 Kudos
AnnKitowski
New Contributor III

I opened a new web map, added the layer, then saved and shared.  I did just talk with someone from ESRI.  I did not have archiving enabled when I set up the feature class.  I don't know if that made a difference or not.  We did go through the entire process of creating a feature class and creating a new service and web map. I still am not able to collect or edit data, however, the ESRI rep could!  So it is definitely something with my phone.  I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 Android version 4.4.2.  We are both going to do more testing and hopefully figure out what to do.  I'll post back with any results.

0 Kudos
VenusScott

From Frank Potempa on the Collector forum:   Android ArcGIS Collector App Cannot Authenticate with Windows Active Directory

I wanted to add the final information/ clarification to this discussion I received from the ESRI tech;

"While I am not in development and I am just relaying this information, this is what I can tell you. The bug logged is with the Collector for ArcGIS API. Development has stated that they will be fixing the issue in the Collector API for the next time they integrate the API into the Collector application. The new, 10.3 version of the Collector app will not have the new API integrated so it will not be fixed in that release. This indicates that for the time being, to use the work around provided. "

reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet

Might be part of the issue?

0 Kudos
AnnKitowski
New Contributor III

Thanks for this info.  Do you know what the work around is?

0 Kudos
VenusScott

It has something to do with logging in as "user@domain" v s. "doman/user"... here is the thread link:

https://community.esri.com/message/460254?et=watches.email.thread#460254

0 Kudos
AnnKitowski
New Contributor III

Okay, I finally have this figured out.  The problem was the Wi-Fi network connection.  When I tried opening these web maps in Collector at home, all problems went away.  I can now drop points and edit existing points, which I could not before.  At work, my employer has two different Wi-Fi networks.  I disconnected from the one that I always used, connected to the other, and then everything worked!  Also, everything worked great when I had Wi-Fi turned off completely.  So, I guess there was something in the settings of one of the Wi-Fi networks that wasn't allowing me to edit in Collector.  Thank you to everyone for all the suggestions posted.  I hope this post helps somebody else who might be experiencing the same problem.

0 Kudos