Collector says sync complete, but data does not appear in Server

08-22-2016 09:17 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently we deployed Collector Version 10.4.0 on an iPad Mini 4.  We set it up from our SDE, in disconnected mode and the map contained one tile package and one feature service (with ~400 line segments).

Our field inspector synchronized the data at the end of each day, and Collector told him everything had been synchronized.  However, on our end in the office, only one or two days of inspections came through to the SDE.  I'm looking at the iPad now, and all the data is on it, and it says it is synchronized, when it reality it isn't.

Has anyone experienced this before, and do you know why this might happen?

Thanks,

Brendan

16 Replies
MiaogengZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

David, 

I suggest contacting the support to investigate this issue. 

-Morgan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

David,

If you are using services published straight to an ArcGIS Server, is the data you are using registered as versioned or archived? Or are you using services published directly to Portal as hosted feature services?

0 Kudos
GISCrestwood
New Contributor

I am publishing directly to ArcServer and the datasets in the service are versioned. Our server is federated with Portal and our environment is 10.5.1. 

I should note that this is the first time I've had to use versioned datasets... typically I configure the datasets with archiving-- I've had no problems going that route so possibly its the versioning?

Thank you for the reply. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You will need to reconcile and post the versions. Collector is using a separate version from the ArcGIS Server/Portal. Once you reconcile and post, you will see the collector edits back in the Portal web map.

Offline maps and versioned data—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

0 Kudos
AnthonyClark3
New Contributor II

We've seen similar issues while using Collector with SQL float / double data types.

In the ArcGIS Online web map you can configure the scale (decimals) for the field but not the precision. For example, if your SQL field data type is numeric(3,1), which is a max value of 99.9, Collector doesn't know that max. If a user were to type 999.9, Collector accepts that value and stores on the device.

From our experience, when you sync you will get an error, however the items to be synced (on the cloud icon) disappear and it looks as if the Sync was successful. The features remain on your device, however they actually never get synced to the SQL DB.

The ArcGIS Server log error associated with this issue is "Arithmetic overflow error converting real to data type numeric."

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmm, thanks Anthony.  That could be the case here.  One field was double.  The inspector said that the first time he hit sync, he got an error.  Then the next time (and every other time) it synched successfully (or so he thought…).

Were you able to recover the data in your case?

0 Kudos
AnthonyClark3
New Contributor II

If the data is still on the device and you've identified the field(s) causing the sync issues, you could edit the features and fix the field(s). Then try to sync again.

0 Kudos