Limit (?) on number of fields to submit

04-03-2014 02:59 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Felix_Pertziger

My team is using Collector (online on iPad), to populate some 35 attributes of existing stream features. Don�??t ask why so many:)
They have to populate 5-7 fields at a time and submit repeatedly.
Populating all fields and submitting them at once doesn�??t seem to work resulting in the loss of values.
I wonder if this is known issue with app or just poor network connection?
Regards
Felix
Apart from that, many thanks for Collector!
0 Kudos
17 Replies
EvanPilnick
New Contributor II
we are working in a Point feature class with over 80 fields.

The subtype for each feature is not being edited. Most of the fields within the feature class are not being edited and are simply there for future edits. I could easily be sending an update with edits to ~30 fields, 95% of which have an associated domain.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: RussRoberts

I will try to create a test data model similar to this and try but it would be great if you could send an empty schema and I can try and reproduce it with that.

Russ
0 Kudos
FelixPertziger
New Contributor III
It seams that in my original thread I forgot to mention something important: service has attachments/pictures and yes, most of the fields (both text and short integers) have associated coded domains. This issue might have something to do with attachments, because this sequence: picture - submit - populating fields - submit was one of the best performing, but not perfect.
Thanks
Felix
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: cashbay77

I am running across the same issue in Collector.  I have a database of 160 fields, 95% of them have domains. 
We have tested on Android phones, Iphones and a Samsung tablet and get the same response. 
We are connecting the tablets in the field to a Verizon mifi card.
And we are NOT using attachments.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
If I could see a sample of the service that would be great and I can investigate the issue. I would also recommend logging an issue with support and seeing if you can work with them and reproduce this issue.

Russ
0 Kudos
CarynAshbay
New Contributor III

Russell, Can you give me an email address that I can email my database to?  It is not share able with the general public.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You can share it to a group and invite Collector4ArcGIS into it or you can email it the collector4arcgis@esri.com email alias. If you can share it through a group it could help us determine if it is service specific.

Russ

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Felix_Pertziger

Hi all

When I manage parent datasetsets on laptop I do 'enable editor tracking' and repeat the same thing in ArcGis online for the whole service. Is this a mistake that requires more than one submit?

Thanks
Felix
0 Kudos