Replica tracking required for bidirectional sync - Pro vs ArcMap

03-15-2022 01:10 PM
MKF62
by
Occasional Contributor III

So we're late to the party and only now getting off ArcMap and moving to Pro. As such, I am publishing our services from Pro and am readying our data for offline use in Collector. We have non-versioned, archive-enabled data that is being published, however when I publish from Pro, I get a new message about replica tracking needing to be enabled for bidirectional sync. Is this something new to Pro - I did not ever have to do this when publishing from ArcMap to sync bidirectionally.

3 Replies
AprilChipman

Were you ever able to resolve this? I'm having the same problem and have been working with ESRI Tech Support for a month and still no resolution.

0 Kudos
MKF62
by

I didn’t end up pursuing the problem further at the time so I don’t think I came up with a solution. I do plan to get back to this issue sometime this month however, so I will follow up if I figure it out. Unfortunate to hear that not even ESRI has been able to help you though, that doesn’t bode well for me!!

0 Kudos
MKF62
by

I was reading about distributed collaborations recently for a different reason and it’s helped me understand the message better I think*. I think the message we are getting about bidirectional syncing has to do with distributed collaborations and maybe this is something to ask tech support about. It might be where the confusion is coming from for us because when I think of “bidirectional syncing” I think of syncing in both directions between the mobile device and the database, but what the message is talking about is actually between “bidirectional collaborations” which I assume is in reference to distributed collaborations. If you’re not using distributed collaborations, based on the own message page’s suggestion, the message can be ignored and we don’t have to do anything. The wording of the message is poor if what they’re actually talking about with it has to do with distributed collaborations, but that’s the most sense I can make out of it.

I thought I had tried to publish and bidirectionally sync my data between device and database anyway (I think I did and it worked fine) when I got this message, but I made the post so long ago I can’t remember now. I’ll have to test it in the coming weeks.

0 Kudos