ArcMap crashes using the Community Analyst Add-in

06-03-2013 02:17 PM
ChaoweiWang1
New Contributor
Every time I try to run a report using the Community Analyst add-in ArcMap immediately crashes.  I'm sure it is probably my computer or a slow connection, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and fixed it.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Every time I try to run a report using the Community Analyst add-in ArcMap immediately crashes.  I'm sure it is probably my computer or a slow connection, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and fixed it.

David,

Does this occur when just click on the add-in button or when you actually try and run reports on a polygon layer?  Also any detail on the polygon layer like how many features might be a factor.

Have you tested in any other map documents just to rule out a map document specific issue?

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
ChaoweiWang1
New Contributor
It occurs when I try to run reports on a polygon layer.  There are only 29 features, so I can't imagine that being a problem.  I have tested in multiple documents with no luck.  This has happened before using other layers, so I don't think it has anything to do with this polygon layer either.
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
It occurs when I try to run reports on a polygon layer.  There are only 29 features, so I can't imagine that being a problem.  I have tested in multiple documents with no luck.  This has happened before using other layers, so I don't think it has anything to do with this polygon layer either.

David,

Apologies for the late reply here.  Try using the Check Geometry gp tool on your polygon layer and see if there are any self-intersects as a polygon layer with these will fail.  If there are you can use the Repair Geometry gp tool to fix them.

The other thing that could be causing the issues is the number of vertices the polygon has as there is roughly a 2000 vertex limit which will also cause the process to fail.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos