create rings based on population?

Jump to solution
09-04-2013 07:38 AM
deleted-user-AzQ5lcTQbS2a
New Contributor III
Is there a way to generate rings to go out around a series of points, though the size of the ring is based on the population within that ring, so the ring would stop at or about 100,000 people?

-sp
former-esri
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Stacey,

I submitted the enhancement NIM094604:  Add the ability to create threshold areas/ring sites.  Personally I think this would be excellent functionality to add.

Regards,
Jason R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Is there a way to generate rings to go out around a series of points, though the size of the ring is based on the population within that ring, so the ring would stop at or about 100,000 people?

-sp
former-esri

Stacey,

Currently there is no functionality yet to create rings based on capturing a specified value.  ArcGIS Business Analyst Desktop does posses a tool called Threshold Areas.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/#/Threshold_areas/000z00000030000000/

I checked to see if there was an enhancement logged in our system and did not find any so I will go ahead and log one for you.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Stacey,

I submitted the enhancement NIM094604:  Add the ability to create threshold areas/ring sites.  Personally I think this would be excellent functionality to add.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
deleted-user-AzQ5lcTQbS2a
New Contributor III
Thank you Jason.  I did end up accomplishing this with a good deal of trial and error.  I was very pleased with the results, so hopefully this functionality will be considered!
0 Kudos