Mutiple Users on Same Project?

Jump to solution
02-21-2024 12:34 PM
Labels (1)
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

I understand that Community Analyst automatically creates several items in ArcGIS Online that are required for it to function. I'm wondering if there is a way to have multiple users share those same items so that we don't have 18 different "My Project" Groups to manage. In other words, I'd like to have one Community Analyst project that has our geographies of interest saved so that a user can go in, run the report(s) they need, and be done.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

You are correct @AmyRoust. That is an exception that I forgot to mention. The app currently requires all new users to create a project when they sign in for the first time. In addition, members with Publisher role will be prompted to create a project if they delete all their existing projects. We will consider removing this restriction in the future as long as there is a project that is already shared with the org and accessible to these members. 

If managing groups in your organization is very important to you, the only potential workaround I can think of right now is to create a custom role for these members by disabling the privilege to manage groups as follows:

FasilTiru_0-1708728433089.png

Then, your Community Analyst users (new or existing) will see this message when they sign in. They can simply click Ok and then open a shared project by clicking on Show all projects:

FasilTiru_1-1708729367052.png

Since the custom role does not have the privilege to create a group/project, all members with this role will not be prompted to create a project in Community Analyst.

Thanks,

Fasil T.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @AmyRoust ,

For this specific use case, you can create (or use existing) project that contains all sites you described and then share it with organization or specific members from here: 

FasilTiru_2-1708724419903.png

Then, other members can access this specific project under Projects shared with me here:

FasilTiru_1-1708724097681.png

I also recommend that they enable Autosave (as shown above) so that they can automatically access this project when they sign in next time. 

I hope this helps!

Fasil T.

BA Team

0 Kudos
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, @FasilTiru. Here's my problem: the first time a user opens Community Analyst, they are forced to create a Project. Is there any way to bypass that step if you are a Creator User Type with a Publisher Role?

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

You are correct @AmyRoust. That is an exception that I forgot to mention. The app currently requires all new users to create a project when they sign in for the first time. In addition, members with Publisher role will be prompted to create a project if they delete all their existing projects. We will consider removing this restriction in the future as long as there is a project that is already shared with the org and accessible to these members. 

If managing groups in your organization is very important to you, the only potential workaround I can think of right now is to create a custom role for these members by disabling the privilege to manage groups as follows:

FasilTiru_0-1708728433089.png

Then, your Community Analyst users (new or existing) will see this message when they sign in. They can simply click Ok and then open a shared project by clicking on Show all projects:

FasilTiru_1-1708729367052.png

Since the custom role does not have the privilege to create a group/project, all members with this role will not be prompted to create a project in Community Analyst.

Thanks,

Fasil T.

0 Kudos