Report Error for Imported Shapefile

02-03-2011 11:13 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jonbecker

I imported six shapefiles and ran the Demographic and Income Profile (New Style) report on each one. The report ran fine for 4 of the shapefile areas but gave me an error for 2 others. I tried rerunning the report a few times but keep getting the error for those two shapefiles. These are single feature, uncomplicated shapefiles so I'm not sure what the problem is. They each cover about 4-7 counties in size so not sure if size is an issue (although the ones that worked were of similar size). I'd rather not have to break them up into smaller pieces and then rerun the reports and sum the totals if I don't have to. Attached are zip files containing these two shapefiles. If someone is able to run that report successfully for each of these two shapefiles and provide me the results or advise me on how to do it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Jon Becker, US EPA
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: sasbab

Hi Jon,

I imported your shapefiles and ran the reports.  They took an unusually long time to generate the reports, but I did get the reports for them.

Here is the all-in-one PDF containing a report for each area. 

Check the numbers to see if they seem reasonable.  I am going to ask the team to investigate why they took longer to run than usual.  It might be the number of vertices.

Can you tell me what error you were getting?  I am wondering if something timed out somewhere.

Thanks,
Brenda
0 Kudos
JonBecker1
New Contributor II
Thank for very much for running the reports. I'll check them to see if they seem to make sense. When I tried to run them it took forever and then a window came up that simply said, "Error" and nothing else. Anyway, thank you these are great. I will be telling others about the Community Analyst.
0 Kudos