What does it mean when a report is not available for a selected site type

01-04-2012 12:52 PM
CharityJones
New Contributor
I am trying to run the Business Locator report and I keep getting a message that the report is not available for the selected site type.  I have tried running the report for a polygon I imported, and well as for a Census place polygon and the report won't run for either.  It will, however, run for a drive time area around a point.  I have looked on the help and can't seem to find any explanation of which site types are available for which reports.  Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DonnaBuhr
Esri Contributor
The Business Locator report can only be run for point-based sites, such as drive-time or ring study sites.  The report is not available for shapefiles or polygons.  I realize it is not a list of the actual businesses, but you can run a Business Summary Report based on a polygon.  The Business Summary report will determine the number of businesses and number of employees per industry group in a study area and compare its daytime population to its residential population.  You might also try the Infogroup Business Search and use the Search within your Study Area option for businesses that are located within your study area.
0 Kudos