Dashboard utilizing a Joined Enterprise Feature Service

Jump to solution
05-17-2023 09:33 AM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I have a layer hydrant and a related table hydrant inspection that live in an Enterprise SDE.  I want to visualize the hydrants based on if certain fields have been marked Yes or No in the hydrant Inspection table. 

On the hydrant Inspection table I did a definition query of "maintcomplete IS NULL And followup = 1" so it only give me records saying that it needs follow up and that follow up hasn't been completed.  I then joined by hydrant layer to the the hydrant Inspection record with the definition query.  I then Shared this as a Map Image Services to my portal.

I'm now able to visualize the hydrant that have the follow up marked as 1 (Yes) and the layer updates as new inspections are added via Field Maps or as the Maintenance Completed field is filled out.

I then go to put this functioning Web Map into a Dashboard and the indicator widget or other items to be able to see data on this layer and when I select this joined feature service within Dashboard I get "Cannot Access Data".  I go to the Server Manager logs and I'm getting "Geodatabase error: The SQL statement was not a select statement."

Does Dashboards have the ability to pull data from the Joined feature services?  I'm able to view the table of attributes of this Joined feature service in the web map without issue.  Or do I need to modify my definition query?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindseyStone

I worked with ESRI support on this issue.  It was determined if the database is Branch versioned than this workflow will not work and creates the Cannot Access Data issue in Dashboards.  If the data is not versioned than there is no issue.  ESRI support is working on logging a defect on this issue.  The workaround I found is to use Query Layers.  Support also said database views would work also, but I did not test.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JannaNash
New Contributor

I ran into this same issue in Dashboards - the Indicator Element will not work with a Joined feature service, but the List element will.  We are wanting to show only the rejected Backflow Preventers as a Total number in the Indicator element and use List element to provide a list that will Zoom to their location in the web map.  The List will successfully display only the Rejected BFPS, using  a filter on that attribute, but when you "zoom to" the map goes blank, white space.  I have also tried using new Map Viewer and Experience Builder with dashboard template but will not work there either. 

0 Kudos
LindseyStone

I worked with ESRI support on this issue.  It was determined if the database is Branch versioned than this workflow will not work and creates the Cannot Access Data issue in Dashboards.  If the data is not versioned than there is no issue.  ESRI support is working on logging a defect on this issue.  The workaround I found is to use Query Layers.  Support also said database views would work also, but I did not test.

0 Kudos