Dashboards List vs. Category Selector

Jump to solution
04-04-2024 10:05 AM
temprobertcottreau131313
Occasional Contributor II

I'd like to have the ability for a user to select from a list of items and have the map zoom to that item.  I can create this with both a Category Selector and a List.

However, with a Category Selector, subsequent selections are limited to what is visible in that map frame after the zoom.

Is there a way around this to have all items visible in the Category Selector regardless of zoom?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KRankin
New Contributor III

You should be able to, but may have a rogue action that is doing something you don't want it to. Double check all elements/widgets on your project (including the map), and make sure none of their actions are filtering your category selector. The selector should not filter unless triggered to do so.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KRankin
New Contributor III

Good Morning!

As far as I'm aware, items in lists or selectors should not disappear (be filtered) unless you previously set up an action to do so. When it comes to what's visible in the extent, it is due to a "map action" on the map to filter when the extent changes. Double check your map actions.

Are you still having this issue?

-Keenan

0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313
I do have Indicators set to filter the results shown in the map (the boxes
update to show the number of different sportsfield types).
Is there a way to keep those filters and still have all the options shown
in the Category Selector? The List doesn't seem to be affected by the
filter.
0 Kudos
KRankin
New Contributor III

You should be able to, but may have a rogue action that is doing something you don't want it to. Double check all elements/widgets on your project (including the map), and make sure none of their actions are filtering your category selector. The selector should not filter unless triggered to do so.

0 Kudos
temprobertcottreau131313
I thought I'd cleared everything but it turns out I had to remove the name
of the Category Selector from the Map Actions and missed that.
Thanks for your thoughts.
KRankin
New Contributor III

Good to hear, happy mapping!

0 Kudos