Select to view content in your preferred language

Embedded content and filter on dashboard

02-27-2024 08:35 AM
Labels (1)
RocioCaces
New Contributor II

I know we can add links to images on the tables and the Configure pop-ups, but I wish to add Embedded content (images or videos) and those would be displayed. as you select a line on the map.  so to make it dynamic.   any help or thoughs if it is possible?

5 Replies
JillianStanford
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I'm not totally clear on what you want to do but you can set the source of the embedded content widget to the layer, pulling the URL of the image from a field in the layer.

JillianStanford_0-1709052844417.png

Then configure an action that filters the embedded content widget when the layer selection changes. The example below filters the widget from a list but I think applying the filter from the map would be similar.

JillianStanford_1-1709052998169.png

Jill

0 Kudos
RocioCaces
New Contributor II

I have as many imagenes or videos as entities on my layer (bicycle paths), some how I would like is: if the user select an entity, then the embebed content (image or video) changes.  to show the image liked to that bicycle path.

0 Kudos
JillianStanford

Are the URLs to the images stored as an attribute in your Bicycle Paths layer?

0 Kudos
RocioCaces
New Contributor II

yes, over the pop-up display, opens perfectly.   But I wish the user doesnt leave the dashboard r, but ather refresh an element that display them

0 Kudos
JillianStanford

Set the source of your embedded content widget to your Bike Pathways layer with the URL property set to the field that contains the link.

On the properties page for your Map widget, on the "Layer actions" tab, turn on the "Select feature" option under the "When map is clicked" heading.

JillianStanford_0-1709061944151.png

Then under the "Layer actions" for your Bike Pathways layer, configure a filter action on the embedded content widget when the selection changes.

JillianStanford_1-1709062053091.png

That seems to work for me.

0 Kudos