Error:  This implementation Not part of...

03-19-2014 05:58 AM
ChristopherThompson
Occasional Contributor III
on starting the operations dashboard i see a warning that reads:  "This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms"

has anyone else encountered this? I've seen some resolutions that require a registry edit but have not attempted that as yet and am not even sure my agency would support that.  I have .NET 4.5 installed and am running Win7 sp1.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AnargyrosTomaras
New Contributor III
Hi Christopher,

You would need to disable FIPSAlgorithmPolicy enforcement on your machine by setting the value to 0 for this registry key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\fipsalgorithmpolicy.

Removal of this requirement is indeed something we are looking into and are considering for future releases. If you are unable to make those changes to your machine to make Operations Dashboard work then i would encourage you to log the issue with our Support services.

Let me know if it works for you.

Anargyros
0 Kudos
ChristopherThompson
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Christopher,

You would need to disable FIPSAlgorithmPolicy enforcement on your machine by setting the value to 0 for this registry key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\fipsalgorithmpolicy.

Removal of this requirement is indeed something we are looking into and are considering for future releases. If you are unable to make those changes to your machine to make Operations Dashboard work then i would encourage you to log the issue with our Support services.

Let me know if it works for you.

Anargyros

Thank you, I have put a helpticket into our IT organization who manages this sort of thing.  I am curious what the pros/cons of this setting are or what it would mean for the app to make it compliant with this policy.
0 Kudos